Waymark IT Limited (“Waymark” or “we”) will always respect your preferences concerning the treatment of Personal Information that we may collect. This policy describes how i) we collect and use your Personal Information, ii) how you can control its use, and iii) describes our practices regarding information collected through our websites, our computer and mobile software application, through our social media pages and email messages as well as through any offline sales and marketing campaigns (“campaigns”)
Personal Information We Collect
Waymark IT Limited may, either through your interaction with and use of the Campaigns, Waymark IT may collect Personal Information. This is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. This Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, company affiliation and any associated interests.
Other Information We Collect
Waymark IT may also collect Other Information through your interaction with and use of the campaigns and non-Waymark IT and Waymark IT websites. Other Information does not reveal your specific identity nor does not directly relate to an individual. Other Information may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, statistical and aggregated information.
Statistical or Aggregated Information
Statistical or aggregated information which does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from Personal Information we hold. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of new users of Waymark IT Services.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information, such as combining a precise geographical location with your name. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Use and Share Information
Waymark IT may use and share the Personal Information it collects (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law), to:
- Engage in Transactions. Waymark IT may use Personal Information to engage in transactions with you.
- Process Transactions. Waymark IT may use Personal Information along with, financial, credit card, and payment information, to process your transactions.
- Provide Support or Other Services. Waymark IT may use your Personal Information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar operational communications.
- Tailor Marketing to Your Needs and Respond to Your Requests. Waymark IT may use your Personal Information to notify you about new product releases and service developments, and to advertise Waymark IT’s products and services in accordance with this Policy. Your visit Waymark IT website visit, marketing experience, and communications may be tailored to your interests based on your Personal Information.
- Post Testimonials. We post testimonials on our Campaigns that may contain Personal Information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
- Select Content, Improve Quality and Facilitate Use of the Campaigns. Waymark IT may use your Personal Information to help create and personalise content on our Campaigns, facilitate your use of the Campaigns (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, and preserve order information between sessions), improve quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness (including online advertising and e-mail marketing), and evaluate page response rates.
- Improve Products, Services, and Experiences. Waymark IT may use your Personal Information to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing, and customer relationships.
- Communicate with You about a Conference or Event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Waymark IT or one of our partners. This may include information about the event’s content, logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to your event registration. After the event, Waymark IT may contact you about the event and related products and services, and may share information about your attendance with your company.
- Obtain Third Party Services. We also share Personal Information with third parties who provide services to Waymark IT, such as credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, event / campaign management, web site management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services. When Waymark IT shares Personal Information with third party service providers, we require that they use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this Policy.
- Protect our Employees, Sites, Facilities, and Operations. Waymark IT may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors, our physical and online operations, our property, rights, and privacy, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- Comply with Legal Requirements and Corporate Transactions. Waymark IT may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer the Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
We may use, transfer, and disclose Other Information we collect for any purpose, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
Waymark IT and our third party service providers may collect both Personal Information and Other Information from a variety of sources that generally fall into three categories:
- Direct Interactions: From your use of and interaction with us through the Campaigns and other activities such as account creation, submission of registrations and forms, or sales enquiries and transactions.
- Publicly Available Data / Data from Third Parties: Data from Automated Interactions on non-Waymark IT websites, or other data you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts, or data provided by third party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists, or data aggregators.
- Automated Interactions: From the use of technologies such as electronic communication protocols, cookies, embedded URLs or pixels, or widgets, buttons and tools. Although Waymark IT’s use of Automated Interactions may change over time as technology evolves, the following descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about Waymark IT’s current approach to information collected from Automated Interactions.
- Electronic Communications Protocols: As is true when you visit most websites and apps, Waymark IT may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which often consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company), and date and time. Waymark IT may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with the Campaigns, such as clickstream information (when each Waymark IT webpage was visited and how much time was spent on the page), or general geo-location data.
- Cookies: Waymark IT’s server will query your browser to see if there are “cookies” previously set by our electronic Campaigns. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web server to store on a Web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. Cookies may collect information, including a unique identifier, user preferences, profile information, membership information, and general usage and volume statistical information. Cookies may also be used to collect individualised web site use data, provide electronic Channel personalization, or conduct and measure the effectiveness of advertising in accordance with this Policy. Some cookies may remain on users’ computers after they leave the Website. While the majority are set to expire within 1-24 months of your last visit to the website that set the cookie, others may not expire because of their nature, like cookies that remember opt-out preferences. Your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, and accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion. Cookies, however, are important to the proper functioning of a site, and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with Web site features and customizations. Waymark IT has engaged one or more third party service providers to track and analyse both individualised usage and volume statistical information from interactions with electronic Campaigns. The service provider(s) set cookies on behalf of Waymark IT. Waymark IT also uses other third party cookies to provide advertising and personalization services in accordance with this Policy, and to track the performance of Waymark IT advertisements on their websites and Waymark IT e-mails.
- Managing Cookie Preferences: You may access or change your cookie preferences at any time.
- Embedded URLs: Waymark IT may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the electronic Campaigns without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the electronic Campaigns, but are not associated with Personal Information and are not used beyond the session.
- Embedded Pixels and Similar Technologies: On the electronic Campaigns, Waymark IT and its service providers may use embedded pixel technologies for the purposes of identifying unique user visits (as opposed to aggregate hits), and for advertising purposes. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in e-mails and our online display advertising to provide information on when the e-mail or ad was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient’s e-mail address.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device and use it to provide you with personalised location-based services or content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such use, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalised services or content.
Access, Correction, and Profile Updates
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us through the Campaigns, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Information by us. If you have privacy concerns regarding access to or the correction of your Personal Information, please write to us at the following address:Waymark IT Limited
Yours Business Networks
Delta Bank Road
Tyne & Wear
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within thirty days.
Retention and Deletion
Waymark IT will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active; as needed to provide you products or services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to honour opt-outs), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law. At the end of the retention period, Waymark IT will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to Waymark IT. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In addition, Waymark IT uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details. When you enter any Personal Information on our site, we encrypt it using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
In the event that your Personal Information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorised person and applicable law requires notification, Waymark IT will notify you by e-mail or mail. Waymark IT will give you notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or Waymark IT to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
Cross Border Transfers
Please note that all information held by Waymark IT is always stored within the EEA and adheres to the underlying European privacy principles for Personal Information.